Sunday, March 18, 2012

No milk moustache

Here's the thing. I have been dairy-free for 6 months now. No milk, butter, cream, cheese, yogurt, buttermilk, Most Indian desserts, Icecream. Yes, you heard it! IceCream too. Since October of 2011. Never even turned to look at the icecream isle in the supermarket.
I read Dr Joel Fuhrman's 'Eat to live', followed his nutritional approach in principle, straying a lot, but within plant products. One or two instances of eating milk products have not been pleasant. A small serving of kheer (rice pudding made with milk) one day gave me the worst migraine I ever had. It was hard to connect the dots, but another incident sealed in the conclusion. (pretty bad headache after some hot chocolate).

There have been many physiological changes which I will (hopefully) talk about on this blog.

But till then, Yeah! to 6 months free of animal products.

1 comment:

Ashberry said...

Eager to know more...what is this all about??