Thursday, March 29, 2012

Day 4 - update

I won't lie. I had my doubts about this for the first three days. I felt down and weak. Small pimples made a short lived visit, but they are clearing out as fast as they came. I was sleepy and groggy most of day 2 and day 3. No workout!!

My detox symptoms were not as bad as most people because I have been vegan for more than 6 months now. Even then, I ate salad every day. Well almost. Green Apple-beet-celery-spinach-kale-carrot-ginger juice was a part of every morning routine.

I made this divine smoothie yesterday. 1/4th cantaloupe + ground flaxseeds + almond milk + 1 medium date. mmmmm... If you think it was high calorie stuff, the answer is it does not matter. Not when you are eating raw 24*7. As it is, getting enough calories on a raw food diet is the challenge, not watching calories :)

At the end of day 3 and since this morning (day 4), I am feeling great! The grogginess is all gone. An hour of cardio has done wonders. I feel more confident this morning than I did same time yesterday.

3 comments:

adarsh said...

This is sort of incomplete

adarsh said...

This is sort of incomplete

Vanessa said...

Adarsh- Thanks for reading. I don't remember why I did not post day 5. But I assume I didn't go any further. :)