Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Raw food challenge day 1

I scoffed at the idea when I read about it a while back. I changed my eating style in a big way in September of 2011. Unrefined plant based foods with absolutely no animal products. Dairy, Eggs, meat. (i have never eaten meat anyway). I lost 20 pounds in this time, even though I was eating junk on weekends. Stuff like samosa, chaat, chips, a cookie sometimes (it has egg I know.), a piece of cake at birthday parties.
But on most weekdays, it was fruit, sometimes oatmeal for breakfast. Huge salad followed by some dal-rice for lunch, steamed vegetables with soup and beans for dinner. I made pizza whenever the craving hit. No cheese, only vegetable pizza with herbs and spices. Yummy.

I guess, it was a natural progression when I started thinking of going raw, at least for a few days.

I started this morning and failed right away. Gobbling up about 7/8 Ritz crackers (low sodium). Just finished up with my breakfast smoothie - spinach, lettuce, 1 banana, 1/4th cantaloupe, ground flaxseed and cinnamon. it was, well, palatable.

I will be doing about 80% raw. It will be hard to last on 100% raw, psychologically that is. I might still eat some rice-dal at lunch, beans at dinner. I will try not to dig in the Ritz box again :) Will update progress every day.

No comments: