Saturday, February 03, 2007

Granny

Last two days have been extremely disturbing. My husband's granny expired 2 days back. Not that i was particularly close to her. Nor did i attend the last rites. She was a healthy 75 year old woman, died of a wierd disease called Pemphigus.
Was an excellent cook, made excellent pickles. Still have the mirchi ka achaar she gave me last month. She had stitched a few blankets for my daughter from her old sarees. They give the warmth no branded one can give. My daughter just loves curling up with one of the saree blankets.
As i am writing all this i realise, i never told her all this. We all took her for granted when she was there. I should have told her that she made the best mirchi achaar in the world....Also that the blankets she has given are a boon.
All of a sudden, she is not alive anymore. I want to say thanks for all little things she has done. I wish i can just talk to her for one last minute and convey all this. That makes me aware of the other (most) relations i have been taking for granted. In the more civilised world we are trained not to speak our hearts i think. Its time i untrain myself and be more vocal. Life is so uncertain, if you dont say it when its due, you might never get a chance to say it at all....What say?

3 comments:

Preeti Aghalayam aka kbpm said...

been in this situation a few times and cannot agree more with you....
nice page BTW. like your other posts too.

Vanessa said...

Thanks Kbpm...

csm said...

hey - this is getting to be one familiar circle :-)

totally agree with kbpm. happens all the time. more so with our own folks.
whenver you feel nice about something, comment right then and there.