Monday, February 12, 2007

party anyone?

Have been through a particular experience many times before, have started getting frustrated these days. There's a valentine party in the gym and everyone insists i have to be there. It does not interest me AT ALL. I have to give reasons (make excuses?)... A simple 'No' is never enough. I am not answerable to whys from every Tom, Dick and Harry, am I? Why cant they just respect someone's opinion, his/her disinterest. This is what is known as an emotional rape i guess. You feel like a victim. Have decided to be stright-forward hereon. (that i already am, but more.) The fact that i am writing a blog about a stupid issue is quite indicative of the pressure i feel. I should stop being pressurised and be more assertive.

And well, this is not the only case. Happens to me all the time. Am not a party-person at all. I see no sense wasting time in useless chatting and talking about the weather. Musical chair is the most idiotic game ever invented, i think. Makes no sense circling the chairs. 'Only men's' parties are different, they get together just to booze. I guess its nice to know that they are not alone...other addicted idiots exist. So, it might be a nice idea to get together and drink.

But parties are definitely not for me.

2 comments:

csm said...

the trick is to say no and vanish. never even try to give any reason at all.
an if ever you want to say something, give a reason on why you would like to be doing something else instead of saying i dont like to be doing a certain something.

Emma said...

I say no all the time - makes me seem really rude and curt. But I keep my peace of mind.