Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Personal Trainer

Thats what is new, the workout is never going to be the same again.....huh.....My first day with a personal trainer, Prashant. More than 8 hours have passed...and my biceps, triceps, Quadraceps,...wherever they are in my body, just won't let me forget about the ordeal.... An hour it was..Or was it just half an hour? Don't know

Its so amazing how a small tweak in the regular side-squats can produce drastically different results. I am amazed. Have done them thousand times before, but never to such great effect. .. To start with, treadmill was fine, i never go below 6.5 kmph anyway, which was Prashant's order, piece of cake....i did fine. Went treading the belt at 7 kmph (see i am so good at it!) Stepper 75 steps per minute. I could do 80. Happy and smiling ..........What followed was running from machine to machine, 20 repetitions, end of every set being such a relief.... was fine, but the muscles had started protesting. And Prashant was ruthless. 20 repetitions, then hold, then pulse....(pulse in Gym terminology is doing the same repetitions fast), Started having my doubts now, whether i was right in going for a personal trainer. he seemed heartless!! All my doubts vanished soon.

Was trying my best to lift 30 Kg plates on some machine (too much, eh?) Had an odd feeling in the stomach, felt nauseatic (reminded me of first month of pregnancy), immediately reported it, and the heartless guy transformed into the softest, kindest sweetest person. ...... All he said was, "Get down, tumko chakkar aane wala hai." Well, i didn't quite think so. But was quite happy to get down from whatever machine that was. He sat me down on a bench, asked someone to get a bottle of water, someone else to Glucon-D from his bag. And within a second, i was relishing the sweet taste of Glucon-D.

We took a two minute break in which i was left wondering whether this was the same rough and tough, bald headed, all muscle, no-heart guy? The nausea, it seems was the beginning, then you start feeling dizzy and then a blackout...you don't know what hit you. "Do you know we are just 20 minutes into the workout", he did not forget to add. Hmm....

We finished the workout, though at a little slower pace. Stretching, relaxation. All done. Have been working out for quite a few years. But this was quite an experience. Didn't forget to thank him while going. He is like "Hope you feel fine now. See you tomorrow. Kal kuch khaake aana"
:-( ...............Wonder what's in store tomorrow............

2 comments:

Emma said...

Maybe I should get myself a personal trainer too... Have been working out for over an year now with absolutely no results :(

Vanessa said...

Do try it. Does help. I have got a new friend now, my trainer. He is a darling